Quill™ Knotless Tissue-Closure Device
Quill™ Knotless Tissue-Closure Device represents a revolutionary technology in wound closure made possible by bidirectional fixation within the wound. Its patented design allows the surgeon to do things they could previously not do with traditional sutures.
Barbs within the Quill™ device distribute tension across the entire length of the wound or tissue being approximated, and eliminate the need for interrupted suture or tying knots. The unique bidirectional barb design of the Quill™ device allows two surgeons to work on one wound at the same time which may increase operating time efficiency.
- Controls and distributes tension across the entire length of the wound
- Enables use of running vs interrupted sutures
- Eliminates the need to tie knots
- Has the potential to decrease time under anesthesia, thereby reducing surgery risks associated with prolonged anesthesia3-5
- Increases efficiency by saving time1-2
- Allows two individuals to close a wound at the same time
- May help reduce tissue trauma, facilitate healing and minimize scarring
- Eliminates the need for a 3rd hand or assistant6
- Facilitates closure of difficult wounds, including purse-string applications or deep wounds where space may be limited1-2
- Reduces the number of sutures needed to securely close multiple deep layers1
- Is well suited for a variety of soft tissue-closure procedures in orthopedic, plastic, gynecologic and urologic surgery
- June 10, 2010 - Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Announces Acceptance of 2010 Medical Device Excellence Award for Quill™ Knotless Tissue-Closure Device. Read More...
- May 3, 2010 - Angiotech Announces Exclusive Distribution Agreement with B. Braun for Angiotech's Proprietary Quill™ SRS Product Line. Read More...
- August 13, 2009 - Angiotech Receives Approval for Quill™ SRS PDO, MONODERM™, Polypropylene and Nylon Product Lines for Sale in Brazil. Read More...
- August 4, 2009 - Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Announces Launch of Quill™ SRS Product Codes For Laparoscopic Gynecology Procedures. Read More...
- May 19, 2009 - Angiotech Launches E-Commerce Website that Allows Customers to Order Quill™ SRS Product Line. Read More...
- February 26, 2009 - Angiotech Receives Approval for Quill™ SRS PDO, MONODERM™ and Nylon Product Lines For Sale in Canada. Read More...
1. Paul MD, Budd M. Evaluating the Quill™ Self-Retaining System. Plastic Surgery Practice, March 2009
2. Demonstrated time savings in a multicenter survey of 119 surgeons performing 377 various procedures (data on file). Time savings of 5 - 120 minutes in abdominoplasties; Time savings of 3 - 60 minutes in various breast procedures; Surgeons reported time savings in many different surgical procedures compared with standard suture use
3. Reich, DL, Bennett-Guerrero E, Bodian CA, Hossain S, Windree W, Krol M. Intraoperative tachycardia and hypertension and independently associated with adverse outcome in noncardiac surgery of long duration. Anesth Analg. 2002;95:273-277.
4. Sinclair DR, Chung F, Mezei G. Can postoperative nausea and vomiting be predicted? Anesthesiology. 1999;91:109-118.
5. Kongsayreepong S, Chaibundit C, Chadpaibool J, et al. Predictor of core hypothermia and the surgical intensive care unit. Anesth Analg. 2003;96:826-833.
6. Greenberg JA, Einarsson, JI. The Use of Bidirectional Barbed Suture in Laparoscopic Myomectomy and Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy. Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, Vol 15, No 5, Sept/Oct 2008. p. 622.
- Product Overview
- Quill™ device
- 5FU - CVC
- Angiotech Partner Solutions
- Private Label
© Copyright 2011 Angiotech. All Rights Reserved.